Orley Tilley and Parents Make Disposition of Property With View to Entering Army
ROCK CREEK—Mr. and Mrs. Ed Tilley and son, Orley, have rented their ranch and moved to Kimberly. Orley was twice called to the colors but was exempted because of work on the farm and the ranch was rented in anticipation of the next call.
Source: Twin Falls News, November 18, 1918.
The wedding of Mrs. James W. Mott of Salem, Ore., to Walter B. Tilley of Ukiah, Calif. took place on Saturday, Feb. 20 in Martinez, California at the home of her son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Whisenand. Judge Richard E. Arnason performed the four o’clock ceremony.
A reception followed the family wedding after which the couple left on a trip to Mexico.
On their return they will be at home in Salem temporarily at 430 Vista Ave. SE.
Tilley is a retired chief forester for the Masonite Corp., California Operations, and was chief forester for the West Coast Lumberman’s Association. Mrs. Tilley was the widow of U.S. Congressman Mott of Oregon.
Source: Eureka Times-Standard, February 25, 1971.
Late resident of Rt. 1, Box 422, Salem Jan. 6 in Salem. Survived by widower Walter Gerth, Salem; daughter, Mrs. Marjorie Stephens, North Bend; sisters, Mrs. Gertrude Stewart, Lake Oswego, Mrs. Ethel Tillie [sic], Redwood Valley, Calif.; brothers, Jesse Walling, Harold Walling, both Salem. One grandson, Michael Stephens, North Bend. Services Sat., Jan. 8 at 1:30 p.m. in the VIRGIL T. GOLDEN CHAPEL, 605 Com’l SE at Oak. Interment at Zena Cemetery. Ritualistic services by Salem, Rebecca Lodge No. 1. If friends wish contributions may be made to Zena Cemetery Fund c/o Frank Crawford, Sec., 1560 Wallace Rd. NW.
Source: Salem Capitol Journal, January 7, 1972.
HANSEN—Funeral services for Mrs. Orley (Maud Florence) Tilley will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the Twin Falls Mortuary Chapel with Rev. Robert McNeil officiating. Final rites will be in Sunset Memorial Park. The family suggests memorials to the Kimberly Methodist Church and may be left in the mortuary or mailed to Box 221, Twin Falls.
Source: Twin Falls Times-News, October 17, 1966.