Through a gift of $100 by Mrs. Mary Ann Hickman, aged 103, Reynoldsburg’s oldest resident, an improvement program at the Methodist church in the village is well under way, with the men of the congregation supplying the labor.
The program, under director of Rev. Carlton Babbs, past of the church, calls for an assembly room with a stove, a kitchen, stage for church festivals and a separate Sunday school and new lavatories in the building. Other improvements will be made on the church grounds, including the installation of a new sewer and water line. Future plans call for the excavation of the basement so that it can be used for social purposes.
Members of the improvement committee are Alonzo Foltz, chairman; Gus Schultz, Don Warner, Merle Brill, Rox Whitehead and D.W. Foltz.
Source: Columbus Dispatch, July 17, 1940.