Alma Rorick Wilson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William R. Rorick, and sister of Ivah Rorick Sweeney and the late Frank J. Rorick, was born July 31, 1896, in Hudson, Mich., and died November 24, 1925, in Detroit, at the age of 20 [sic] years. June 11, 1918, she was united in marriage to Howell Ormsbee Wilson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Roscoe Wilson, of this village, and to them one son, William Rorick Wilson, was born.
Mrs. Wilson received her education in the LaFayette high school of Buffalo, and Glen Eden Seminary at Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and later completed a course in the Ypsilanti Normal. For the past three years she held the position of teacher of Languages in the Morenci high school.
Mrs. Wilson ranked as a woman of high education, of ability, and of worth and her passing from our midst is a sorrow too deep to be measured by the mere expression of words.
The funeral service was held from the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Rorick, on East street North Friday afternoon, Nov. 27, Rev. Samuel Oliver, pastor of the Congregational church, officiating. George Pratt sang two selections. The bearers were Supt. Bryan Heise, Prof. A.B. Twiss and Prof. R.E. Folks, of the school faculty, and Frank J. Sweeney, Gerald S. Bryant and Alex H. Nimmo, members of the family.
Friends and relatives from a distance who attended the service were Mr. and Mrs. Frank J. Sweeney of Buffalo, N.Y., M. McCloe, Miss Maude McCloe, Alex H. Nimmo, Mrs. Mary and Florence Bryant, Misses Virginia and Madolyn Wilson and Joe Meredith of Detroit; S. Botsford, Mr. and Mrs. James Scott and family and Mr. and Mrs. Carl Guss and family of Medina; Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Bryant, Mr. and Mrs. John P. Rorick and Mr. and Mrs. Glen Winslow of Adrian; Mr. and Mrs. A.V. Foster, Miss Cordelia Foster, Mrs. Everett Herrick, Gardiner Herrick of Toledo; Mr. and Mrs. Earl Baldwin, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Sullivan of Fayette; Mr. and Mrs. A.J. Meredith, Byron Foster, Shirley Foster of Hudson; Mr. and Mrs. Albert Haas of Blissfield, Mrs. Don May of Pioneer.
Burial was made in Oak Grove cemetery.
Source: Morenci Observer, December 3, 1925.