Miss Joyce Ann Rorick, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leo E. Rorick of 1516 North Twelfth, and Maynard Jay Hoskins, son of Mr. and Mrs. Avener Hoskins of Plainville, were married Saturday morning at 10:30 in Salem Evangelical church. Larry M. Watson, student minister, officiated.
Nuptial music was provided by Robert L Meyer, organist, and Robert Knuse, vocalist. Snapdragons, pompons [sic] and candelabra adorned the altar for the ceremony.
Mrs. John Wheelock was matron of honor. Attending as brides-matron and bridesmaid were Mrs. Nancy Boone of Plainville, the bridegroom’s sister, and Miss Linda McKinstry of Indianapolis.
Mr. Wheelock served as best man. Groomsmen were Richard Martin of Payson and Jack Spratt. The guests were sealed by Forrest Hoskins of Rock Island, Rod Hoskins and Harold Hoskins. Lynda Walker, niece of the bridegroom, was flower girl. Jerry Peters, the bridegroom’s nephew, and Steve Plunk were ring-bearers.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. Her floor-length Margot original gown of silk organza and Alencon lace over faille taffeta was fashioned with a rounded portrait neckline edged with applique of lilac Alencon lace, long sleeves fastened with tiny buttons and bouffant skirt of organza featuring cluster pleats at center back falling into a chapel sweep train. Appliques of lilac lace trimmed the skirt. The bride’s chapel veil of imported silk illusion was attached to an originally designed cap of Alencon lace embroidered with seed pearls. The bouquet was formed of stephanotis, pink rosebuds and lavender ribbon streamers.
The bride’s attendants had street-length dresses of spring lilac Serrano linen and cotton lace designed with squared necklines and cap sleeves on fitted bodices of lace and barrel-shaped skirts of linen, box pleated and cinched at the waistlines with cummerbunds. They wore small clip hats of linen veiled with matching tulle and held arrangements of white and pink carnations with lavender lace and streamers. The flower girl, dressed in white nylon organdy with Peter Pan collar, puffed sleeves and full skirt adorned with lilac rosebud appliques, had a bow clip hat of lilac organdy and carried pompons and pink rosebuds.
After the ceremony a buffet luncheon was held in the home of the bride’s parents. The reception was held Saturday night at Eagles Alps.
The bride attended Northeast Missouri Teachers college at Kirksville for one year after her graduation from Senior High school in 1956. She is employed at the Hotel Lincoln-Douglas. The bridegroom attended Seymour High school at Payson and served three years in the paratroopers. Mr. and Mrs. Hoskins will reside at 835 Adams.
Source: Quincy Herald Whig, February 26, 1961.