Miss Dorothy Lewis Bride of W.A. Kottmeier, Member of California Field Artillery
The marriage of Miss Dorothy Lewis, daughter of Colonel and Mrs. Edson A. Lewis, and Wesley A. Kottmeier, son of Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Kottmeier of Corning, Cal., took place yesterday afternoon at the home of the bride’s parents at the Presidio.
The Rev. E.P. Newsom, chaplain at Fort Scott, officiated in the presence of relatives of the young people and a few of their closest friends.
The bride is the elder daughter of Colonel and Mrs. Lewis, and only a week ago was a bridesmaid at the marriage of her brother, Lieutenant Warfield Monroe Lewis, and Miss Emilie Bertsch.
In the absence of Colonel Lewis, who is temporarily in command of the Sixty-fourth infantry, U.S.A., at Fort Bliss, Tex., Mrs. Lewis gave her daughter in marriage.
The bride wore a wedding gown of white silk and georgette crepe, made with long sleeves and the skirt in ankle length, without a train.
The only attendant was Miss Elizabeth Lewis, bridesmaid.
Kottmeier is a young business man of San Francisco who recently joined the First Regiment of California Field Artillery. For the present he and his bride will live here.
The bride is a graduate nurse of the Children’s Hospital. Others than relatives present at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. William K. Landrum, who were married about three weeks ago at the Lewis home; Mrs. William H. Bertsch, mother of Mrs. Warfield Lewis, and Professor Karl E. Rackle, Miss Lewis’ music teacher, who played the wedding march.
Mrs. Landrum was a chum and classmate of the bride at the Children’s Hospital Training School.
Source: San Francisco Examiner, September 21, 1917.