Drank Poison By Mistake In Drug.

Nathan Yocom Frightens Relatives Early Thursday Morning.

Mistaking a bottle of white hellebore for that of a tonic which he had been advised to take Nathan S. Yocom, a painter, residing in Central avenue, lay near death’s door for a short time Thursday morning because of the effects of the deadly poison upon his system. Medical assistance was summoned and late Thursday evening the unfortunate victim was reported to be entirely out of danger.

Yocom drank the poison early in the morning. Strange effects of the drug were soon detected and members of the family administered powerful emetics. Dr. C.M. Lenhart was called and discovered the elements of the mistaken drug and the serious condition of the patient that had resulted.

A stomach pump was resorted to and although quite weak from the effects, Yocom is expected to be himself again in a few more hours.

Source: Zanesville Times Recorder, September 30, 1904.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s