In a ceremony held last Saturday evening at the Chapel of the Rocks and Roses, Miss Marjorie Alice McGrew became the bride of Wendell M. Vaughn. The bride’s parents are Mr. and Mrs. Melvin McGrew, 995 South Oakdale avenue, and the groom is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Vaughn of Trail.
The double-ring ceremony was performed by Rev. D.E. Millard in a setting of garden flowers. Soloist was Mrs. Ernest Lytle, accompanied by Mrs. Millard, and Mrs. Millard played the wedding marches.
Miss McGrew, whose father gave her in marriage, was gowned in white net and lace over taffeta. The dress was designed with a long train and was worn with a finger-tip length veil falling from a tiara of seed pearls. Her bouquet was of bride’s roses and stephanotis.
Attendants were Mrs. Milton Peterson, aunt of the bride, who was matron of honor, Mrs. Donald Vaughn and Miss Ivarene Cushman. Mrs. Peterson was attired in a floor-length frock of pink net and she carried pink and white gladioli. Mrs. Vaughn wore baby blue brocaded tulle and carried salmon colored gladioli while Miss Cushman’s gown was of yellow tulle and satin and she carried pale peach colored gladioli.
Donald Vaughn, brother of the groom, served as best man. Forty friends and relatives attended the wedding and the reception which followed at the home of the bride’s parents. Serving of the wedding cake was continued by Mrs. Peter Peterson, aunt of the bride. Mrs. Vaughn presided over the punch bowl and Miss Cushman served sandwiches.
Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn went south for their wedding trip, the bride wearing for traveling a dress of aqua linen with dark brown design and a corsage of white roses. They will make their home in Medford.
The groom was recently released after 31 months of navy service, in which he held the rank of boatswain’s mate first class, was one of the navy men first to land on Omaha Beach in the D-Day Normandy invasion and holds two citations. The bride, a graduate of the Prospect high school with the class of 1946, is an employee of the Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company.
Source: Medford Mail Tribune, August 4, 1946.