Medina, Mich., March 29.—The home of Mr. and Mrs. E.E. Spear of Sunny Brook farm was the scene of a pretty appointed wedding when their daughter Dorothy R. was united in marriage to Richard H. Rogers, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jay Rogers, prominent farmers of Medina township. To the strains of Lohengrin’s wedding march, played by Mrs. Lilje Gulbrandsen Moore, the bride and groom, attended only by the ring bearer, Margaret Spear, little sister of the bride, entered the parlor and took their places under a canopy of green and white.
The Rev. W.L.B. Collins was the minister, using the wedding service of the Methodist Episcopal church. During the ceremony Mrs. Moore played “A love scene” from Nevin. The house was simply draped in white and green decorations. After the ceremony dinner was served. Misses Joyce Strayer, Helen Ferris and Dessa Libby, served the guests, who were mostly relatives of the bride and groom, about 30 being present. Those attending from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. Earl Baldwin and son Duane of Fayette, Ohio, Miss Pearl Pecott of Toledo, Mrs. Josie Moore, Mrs. Ed. Moore, Mr. and Mrs. John More [sic] of Canandaigua, Mr. and Mrs. oJe [sic] Rogers of Allen, Mich., and Mr. and Mrs. Richard Rogers of Hudson.
The presents received were beautiful, consisting of linen and silverware.
The bride wore a gown of white satin, with shadow trimmings, and carried a large bouquet of white American beauty roses.
The wedding was the result of a high school and college romance, both the bride and groom being graduates of Morenci high school and students at Albion college, from which college Mrs. Rogers graduated in music.
Mr. and Mrs. Rogers will reside at the home of Mr. Rogers’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Jay Rogers, where at a recent date he will take charge of his father’s farm.
Source: Adrian Daily Telegram, March 29, 1915.