Miss Gallup Was Seriously Ill

Ate Chicken Which Was Tainted and Ptomaine Poisoning Resulted

Miss Hazel Gallup, daughter of Charles E. Gallup, of East Kingsley street was made dangerously sick this week by eating some chicken which had been cooked in a metal kettle, and developed ptomaine poisoning.

Miss Gallup had been visiting her sister, Mrs. Harlow Ingall of Medina for a few days, and before she left on Sunday her sister gave her a cooked chicken to bring home. On Monday she ate a small quantity and soon afterward was taken violently ill. A doctor was called who pronounced it ptomaine poisoning, and vigorous treatment probably saved her life. Today she is just able to be about the house, although still very weak.

Source: Ann Arbor News, September 14, 1910.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s