Hands Badly Burned

While filling a gasoline lamp in the Maccabee hall at Lincoln Friday morning, Lorin Walling was seriously burned about the hands, and a fire in the building was narrowly averted. He was filling the lamp without taking it from the wall, and a quantity of the gasoline was spilled onto the floor, and immediately ignited. The blaze spread rapidly, and it was with great difficulty that the flames were subdued. Mr. Walling’s injuries will lay him off from work for several weeks.

Source: Polk County Observer, August 5, 1904.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s