The wedding of Miss Juanita Drumm and William H. Despard took place at 6:30 o’clock this morning in St. Thomas Catholic church with the Rev. Father J.F. Beever, OP, officiating at the double ring ceremony. Wedding music was presented by Miss Margaret Dennis, organist. Attendants to the couple were Mr. and Mrs. Ted Hemmer, the latter a niece of the bride. Mrs. Despard is the daughter of the late Harvey F. and Anna Drumm of this city and for the past nine and one-half years has been employed as office deputy in the Muskingum county sheriff’s office. Mr. Despard is employed at the F.&R. Lazarus company in Columbus. Following the wedding a breakfast was served at the home of Mr. and Mrs. M.J. Stotts of Zanesville Route 1, brother-in-law and sister of the bride. Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Hamilton and daughter, Linda, Mr. and Mrs. John Richardson of Columbus; Mr. and Mrs. C.O. Scott of Marietta, and Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Fink of Gratiot. After a wedding trip, Mr. and Mrs. Despard will be at home at 536 Olentangy street, Columbus.
Source: Zanesville Signal, February 9, 1953.