The marriage of Miss Mary Groover of Oxford and Lawrence W. Kelly of Flint took place last Saturday at 8 o’clock at 141 S. Cedar street. Rev. Mary E. Giltner performed the ceremony with Miss Eva W. Page of Traverse City and Allen Kelley [sic], brother of the bridegroom, of Flint, as the only attendants.
The bride was prettily gowned in white silk crepe and lace, and her bouquet was of lilies of the valley and roses. The young people left later on a brief wedding trip, and as a traveling costume the bride wore a gown of green and white with a coat and hat of corresponding shades. Upon their return after Jul 1 they will reside at 312 Walnut street, Flint.
Out-of-town guests present were: Mr. and Mrs. W. Kelly of Flint and J.L. Snyder of Wisconsin. Mrs. Kelly has been employed at the capitol, while Mr. Kelly is leader of an orchestra in Flint.
Source: Lansing State Journal, June 8, 1927.