Miss Marion L. Robertson Bride of Sussex Man
In the presence of 300 guests, at the home of the bride, 21 Walnut street, Newark, N.J., Tuesday evening, at 8 o’clock, Miss Marion L. Robertson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Samuel E. Robertson, and Ford W. Margarum, of Sussex, N.J., were united in marriage by the Rev. Dr. Robert Scott Inglis. The bride was given away by her father.
Dr. H.J. Harp, of Sussex, N.J., was best man and Alan G. Robertson, of Newark, brother of the bride, and Theodore Holbert, of Sussex, acted as ushers.
The maid of honor was Miss Marie W. Robertson, sister of the bride. She wore a pretty dress of silver lace, blue chiffon taffeta embroidered in silver. She carried pink chrysanthemums tied with silver.
The bridesmaids, who were Alice Linn, of Sussex, and Amanda W. Northrop, of Newark, wore gowns of pink satin with foundations of silver cloth and silver lace flounces. They carried pink chrysanthemums tied with silver.
Isabel Adams, niece of the groom, was the flower girl. She wore a dress of white net and carried a basket of yellow tea roses.
The bride work a beautiful gown of silver tissue worked over bridal silver crepe with Grecian pattern silver lace trimmed all over, draped skirt and waist of net and silver lace. The train was of very sheer georgette crepe, trimmed with silver lace, a mass of bridal silk maline, worked in, giving a picturesque effect. Her flowers were bridal roses and lilies-of-the-valley.
A sister of the groom, Mrs. H.J. Harp, was gowned in white net over white satin with iridescent trimming.
The house was artistically decorated with chrysanthemums, southern smilax, palms and white roses. Music was furnished by a harp, violin and cello.
A platinum bar pin with diamonds was the gift of the groom to the bride.
The couple will make their future home in Sussex, where the groom is president of the Farmers’ National Bank.
Mr. Margarum is well known in this city, being a member of Middletown Lodge, No. 1097, B.P.O.E.
Source: Middletown Times Press, November 29, 1916