Marjorie Howland and Max Rorick Wed
Miss Marjorie Howland, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Howland of Winthrop, Mass., became the bride of Max LeRoy Rorick, son of Mr. and Mrs. Caspar M. Rorick of Morenci, Mich., at a service performed in the chancel of All Saints’ Church in Pasadena. Dr. Robert Leonard officiated.
The bride, given in marriage by her cousin, Harvey Clark of Los Angeles, wore her mother’s wedding gown of heavy faille silk with duchess lace yoke, long sleeves and train. The tulle veil was held in place by a braided cornet of the same material. A bouquet of calla lilies was carried.
Assistants of Bride
Mrs. Frank Hess Prentice of San Diego assisted as matron of honor. Miss Louise Kelly was maid of honor. Mr. Clark also served as best man, and the ushers were Harvey Clark, Jr., and Mr. Prentice of San Diego.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the bridegroom’s aunt, Mrs. Willard O. Watters [sic], sixty guests attending.
Native of Boston
The bride, born in Boston, was graduated from Miss Wheelock’s School. Mr. Rorick is an alumnus of the University of California and is affiliated with the Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity.
After January 10, Mr. and Mrs. Rorick will reside at Mission Beach.
Source: Los Angeles Times, January 1, 1935.